Trufan is an industry-leading audience analytics company with a strong focus on first party data. They are building an end-to-end product to help brands grow and understand their audience while generating first party data so that they can activate their audience whenever and wherever they want. Trufan also houses the world’s largest social database with over 10 million audience reports and over 2.4 billion social profiles.
In 2021, VirgoPR was tasked with making an announcement for Trufan regarding a $2.3M seed round. The oversubscribed round was primarily filled by Moneta Ventures, with participation also from GP Ventures, Protocol Ventures, Athlete Technology Group and a handful of angels including Innovative Fitness founder Curtis Christophsen, Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favours, and Chicago Bulls forward Thaddeus Young.
Trufan had made headlines the year prior as the company completed its second acquisition in two years. In November 2020, Trufan acquired PLAYR.gg, acquiring not only their product and customers but their development team. The Toronto based company hopes to debut a new pricing structure, brand and a consolidated platform by the end of this year (codenamed Project Arpina internally).
Virgo PR and its team analyzed the platform and its marketing efforts on its social media marketing campaigns, the messaging, the frequency of sharing content as well as which platforms were being used. The team also solidified targets for both their U.S and Canada around funding raising and specifically the names involved.
The team then created new messaging, a press release and conducted embargoed outreach focused on setting up interviews for coverage.
With the help of Virgo PR, Trufan gained coverage in different verticals, bringing a ton of attention to the news and potential of the company long-term.
- TechCrunch – Audience engagement startup Trufan raises $2.3M
- Forbes – Thaddeus Young’s Investment In Trufan Is His Latest Assist
- Sport Techie – Audience Data Provider Trufan Raises $2.3 Million With Investment From NBA Players
- Game Industry Biz – Trufan raises $2.3m and acquires Playr.gg
- Sports Business Journal – Audience engagement platform Trufan completes $2.3M seed funding
- BetaKit –Trufan looks to consolidate audience analytics products with $2.3 million CAD seed round
- Daily Hive – NBA stars help Canadian startup Trufan raise $2.3M in funding
At Virgo PR, the team of PR experts understands what stories matter and attract the right attention, as well as how to keep brands ahead of the curve and at the front of people’s minds.