nWay is a subsidiary of Animoca Brands. Based in San Francisco, the company is a developer, publisher, and tech platform for play-to-earn (P2E) games across mobile, PC, and consoles. nWay has a strong track record of creating popular fighting games. The company has a strong track record of developing AAA quality games on mobile and on console, such as Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, and ChronoBlade. nWay is comprised of leading developers and senior executives from Sony, LucasArts, EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Xbox, Warner Bros., Konami, Kabam, Pocket Gems, Zynga, Glu, Jam City and Machine Zone.
In January of 2022, VirgoPR was tasked with announcing the launch of Olympic Games Jam: Beijing 2022, the official mobile game of the Beijing Winter Games 2022 developed in partnership between nWay and the International Olympic Committee.
nWay has continuously been mentioned in press throughout the months following the Olympic Games Jam announcement and has since announced a partnership with Yuga Labs, creators of the Bored Ape Yacht Club.
When planning the announcement, VirgoPR and its team analyzed the general sentiment around play-to-earn games in the crypto community as well as the media landscape around the Olympic Winter Games. Recognizing that traditional gamers may not be as receptive to the new game format from a well-known publisher, VirgoPR focused efforts on building nWay’s brand awareness amongst crypto and NFT media and secured coverage by establishing nWayPlay as a leading platform in play-to-earn gaming trusted by the IOC.
ResultsAs a result of curated media outreach and press release distribution, the news remained a feature of tech and crypto media for a multi-day period and was mentioned in press from partners such as Dapper Labs. The team placed stories in tech outlets and industry trades, including VentureBeat, CNBC, The Block, Cointelegraph, Digital Trends, SportTechie and more.
- The Block – International Olympic Committee partners with developer to launch game with NFT prizes
- Digital Trends – The Winter Olympics gets a new video game … featuring NFTs
- VentureBeat – nWay reveals official Olympics play-to-earn multiplayer game
- CNBC – IOC launches Beijing Olympics-themed mobile game with NFTs
- Cointelegraph – Nifty News: Olympic Games Beijing 2022 edition
- SportTechie – IOC, nWay Launch Beijing 2022 Mobile Game With Olympic NFT Pins
- Currency.com – Winter Olympics 2022: Alibaba and Animoca join NFT trend
- Investing.com – Olympic Games Jam: Beijing 2022 Unveiled, a Play-To-Earn Party Game Out Now
- NFT Culture – Olympic Games Jam: Beijing 2022 unveiled, a play-to-earn party game coming February 3
- NFT Evening – Beijing Winter Olympic Games will have its own P2E game and NFTs!
- Cryptonews – Animoca Brands’ Offshoot nWay Launches Official Multiplayer Party Game of Beijing 2022 Olympics
- PocketGamer – Olympic Games Jam Beijing 2022, the official play-to-earn game for the Olympic Winter Games, is out now
Other Case Studies
Through our integrated marketing campaigns, the brand will receive a detailed and unified growth strategy that meets its own short and long-term goals and ideas.
At Virgo PR, the team of PR experts understands what stories matter and attract the right attention, as well as how to keep brands ahead of the curve and at the front of people’s minds.
Having any sort of campaign entails a lot of planning, strategy, focus, and direction - all things that clients get when working with Virgo PR.