Ready Player me
Case Studies.Ready Player me
Ready Player me is a cross-game avatar platform for the metaverse. RPM players can build their avatar from pictures or from scratch, and then use them across 900+ apps and games. The company plans to use the funding to establish its place as “the default avatar system for the metaverse.”
In December of 2021, VirgoPR was tasked with making an announcement for Ready Player Me to build brand recognition and bring attention to the company’s $13M Series A funding round. The round included investors including Taavet+Sten, Konvoy Ventures, NordicNinja, and Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder of Github.
Ready Player Me has been featured throughout the year, as industry conversations around the metaverse became mainstream following the announcement of Zuckerberg’s “Meta”. The company was recently featured in a CNBC Squawk Box segment in December 2021.
When planning the announcement, Virgo PR and its team analyzed the platform and the strength of the funding round, in addition to taking a pulse of the media landscape. Recognizing that the news may have been overshadowed leading into the Christmas holiday, Virgo opted to time the announcement for the week between Christmas and New Years.
As a result of outreach and press release distribution, the news remained a feature of tech media for a multi-day period. The team places stories in tech outlets and industry trades including VentureBeat, CoinDesk, The Block, Cointelegraph, Business Insider, SiliconAngle and more
- VentureBeat – Ready Player Me, a metaverse avatar platform, raises $13M in funding
- CoinDesk – Multiple Metaverses, One Avatar: ‘Ready Player Me’ Raises $13M to Make It Happen
- Cointelegraph – Ready Player Me raises $13M to expand metaverse platform
- Business Insider – 10 things before the opening bell
- Business Insider – Ready Player Me seeks to build ‘passport for the metaverse’ after fundraising round
- SiliconAngle – Ready Player Me raises $13M to be the avatar ‘passport to the metaverse’
- The Block – Avatar platform Ready Player Me raises $13 million in Series A funding
- Tech Times – Metaverse Avatar Startup ‘Ready Player Me’ Closes Up A $13 Million Funding Round
- Our Bitcoin News – Avatar platform ‘Ready Player Me’ raises $13M funding from Samsung, others
- Newsbreak – Ready Player Me, a metaverse avatar platform, raises $13M in funding
- Cryptocurrency News – Crypto firms cut nearly 3,000 jobs in January despite Bitcoin’s rise
- Yahoo! Finance – Multiple Metaverses, One Avatar: ‘Ready Player Me’ Raises $13M to Make It Happen
Other Case Studies
At Virgo PR, the team of PR experts understands what stories matter and attract the right attention, as well as how to keep brands ahead of the curve and at the front of people’s minds.